An Abanonded Shopping Cart is a virtual shopping cart that had at least one item in it but where the customer did not make a purchase.
There are several factors that may cause a customer to abandon their shopping cart:
- Complicated checkout process
- Unexpected fees at time of checkout
- Lost of trust during shopping or checkout process
- Technical error during checkout
- Lengthy customer account registration process
- Failure to provide the feature the customer wanted for that product
- Failure to provide the payment option desired by the customer
- Slow page load times
- Difficult checkout process for mobile devices
- Lack of inventory
Abandonment Rate measures the relationship between abandoned carts and successful completed orders.