Information graphics or infographics are graphic visual representations of information, data or knowledge intended to present information quickly and clearly. They can improve cognition by utilizing graphics to enhance the human visual system’s ability to see patterns and trends. Similar pursuits are information visualization, data visualization, statistical graphics, information design, or information architecture. Infographics have evolved in recent years to be for mass communication, and thus are designed with fewer assumptions about the readers’ knowledge base than other types of visualizations. Isotypes are an early example of infographics conveying information quickly and easily to the masses.
- Salsa, Spice and Everything Nice: A Visual Guide to Mexican Cuisine by BebopGriffin
- Timeline of Hominid Evolution by Prateek Lala
- The Changing Face of American Baseball by Alissa Scheller
- Mental Illness More Dangerous Than Smoking by Laura D. Hamilton
- Drinks of The Big Bang Theory by Sabrina Mason